Astroid is a graphical threads-with-tags mail user agent based on sup and notmuch. Written in C++ using GTK+, WebKit and gmime.
Astroid is intended to be fast, simple and navigable by keyboard alone (mouse support is not really implemented yet). It can show images as well as HTML parts inline (disabled by default). The mail composer is using an embedded gvim to edit messages (extending to use another editor that supports XEmbed is not difficult). Astroid is tab-based with searches, emails, and composers organized in tabs. A new main window in the same instance can be opened allowing for several modes or tabs to be visible at the same time.
- Mark threads with ‘t’ or ‘T’ and apply actions to all marked threads with ‘+’.
- Mark messages with ‘t’ or ‘T’ in thread-view and apply actions to all marked messages with ‘+’.
- Show attached icon in thread-view.
- #18: Fix display of & and friends.
- Configurable quote string for replying and forwarding.
- Replying adds ‘replied’ tag to original.
- Forwarding adds ‘passed’ tag to original.
- Message is updated thread-index after being sent.
- Show spinner in main window when polling.
- Show status icon for message sending.
- Indent messages according to reply-level in thread (configurable).
Building and using
The README file contains instructions for building and basic usage:
once you get astroid running press ‘?’ to get a list of keybindings for the current mode.