Astroid is a graphical threads-with-tags mail user agent based on sup and notmuch. Written in C++ using GTK+, WebKit and gmime.
Astroid is intended to be fast, simple and navigable by keyboard alone (mouse support is not really implemented yet). It can show images as well as HTML parts inline (disabled by default). The mail composer is using an embedded gvim to edit messages (extending to use another editor that supports XEmbed is not difficult). Astroid is tab-based with searches, emails, and composers organized in tabs. A new main window in the same instance can be opened allowing for several modes or tabs to be visible at the same time.
- Poll script only updates changed threads (if notmuch_get_rev.. is available).
- Show number of messages in tab title
- Escape means no
- Poll-script output is logged incrementally
- Got a desktop file.
- Different color of font and border of the first levels of quotes
- Configurable exclude tags
- Open attached MIME messages
- Auto-redraw thread-index every minute
Building and using
The README file contains instructions for building and basic usage:
once you get astroid running press ‘?’ to get a list of keybindings for the current mode.